Effective date: August 17, 2020
Point of Care Network, LLC is the most trusted and preferred Network for Advanced Practice Providers. Our Mission is to support and bring attention to this important group of healthcare providers.
If you are a California resident, the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as your individual rights, are subject to our Privacy Statement – California.
Information about your use of the Services is collected as follows:
- Registration Information. In order to use the Services, you are required to register an account and provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, zip/postal code, profession, occupation, specialty and depending on your state of practice, your medical license number or equivalent. You may choose to update or supplement the personal information that you provided at registration at any time through your account settings.
- Market Research. You may be invited to participate in market research surveys conducted by us or on our behalf for our own internal business purposes and also market research surveys conducted by or on behalf of third party sponsors that commissioned the survey. For some surveys, you may be asked to provide personal information for re-contact (e.g., by e-mail or phone) or payment fulfillment purposes.
Information from Third Party Sources.
- In order to provide services, we might need to obtain additional information about you from third party sources.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”).Personally, identifiable information may include but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Information about you may be used for the following purposes:
• Provision of the Services. We may use the information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, and to develop new Services.
• Personalize the Services Including Advertising. We may personalize the Services, including the advertising you see within the Point of Care Network LLC, and in our email communications, based on information included in your Member Profile.
For example, a user who Point of Care Network believes is a Prenatal NP or who has browsed pediatrics content with the Point of Care Network LLC may be served an advertisement promoting a particular Prenatal product within the Point of Care Network LLC, or within an email that a user who Point of Care Network believes is a Prenatal NP.
• Verification Purposes. We may use your information in conjunction with information from third parties to recognize you as a registered member when you visit one of our properties and to verify your identity and/or professional credentials. We may require you to provide proof of your identity, including that you are a healthcare professional, and if you are unable to do so to our reasonable satisfaction, we reserve the right to deny you access to the Services. While we take steps to verify that our members who identify as healthcare professionals are actually healthcare professionals, we make no guarantee as to their identity, professional credentials or licensure status.
• Account Management. We may use your information to administer your account, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests and send you administrative communications about the Services.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Point Of Care Network LLC uses the collected data for various purposes, the purposes for which we may Process User Information, subject to applicable law, include:
• Provision of the Services to You: providing the Services to you from Point of Care Network LLC or its partners including (i) offering of contests, as well as chat areas, forums, and communities, (ii) offering patient assistance tools, (iii) facilitating collaboration between physicians, healthcare professionals, and organizations to form connections, learn and collaborate; (iv) verification of the identity of members who have self-identified as a healthcare professional; (v) management of your account, and (vi) customer support and relationship management.
• Offering and Improving the Services: operating and managing the Services for you; providing personalized content to you; communicating and interacting with you via the Services; identifying issues with the Services and planning improvements to or creating new Services; and notifying you of changes to any of our Services.
• Verification of Healthcare Professionals: using information supplied to us by you as well as a variety of data we license, we utilize the Verification Details to confirm users’ identity and/or license status. We reserve the right to ask for proof of your certification as a healthcare professional. If our verification process reveals that you are not a fully licensed healthcare professional, your request to participate or continue participation in some of our programs and services may be denied. While we take steps to verify members we make no guarantee or representation as to the identity or licensed status of any member or user.
• Facilitation of Continuing Medical Education (“CME or CE”): provision of CME credits by accredited partners of Point of Care Network LLC, including the offering of educational activities and provision of clinical and policy content and related coverage in some parts of the Service that are open only to eligible healthcare professionals.
• Job Listings: operating and managing the Services to allow you to post your resume online and apply for healthcare positions offered by prospective employers; if we have the geographic location that may be used to help you search for jobs in your area.
• Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Services or to understand and report on industry trends.
• Communications: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person) regarding content and other information in which you may be interested, subject to ensuring that such communications are provided to you in compliance with applicable law; maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate; and obtaining your prior, opt-in consent where required.
• Advertising: provision of advertising by Point of Care Network LLC based on your interests and interactions with the Services and Channels, including using User Information to serve you advertisements on the Services used as well as licensing segments of User Information to third parties.
• Audience Engagement: identification and development of audience engagement, advertising and promotional strategies on various platforms and channels, both within the Service and on Channels.
• User Engagement: tracking traffic and activity across the Service, including review of your browsing history (if available); provision of analytics and measurement of cost of traffic.
• Lead Generation: business-to-business lead generation in the provision of leads to customers to improve customer’s target marketing campaigns and services through different strategies. This includes generating leads through phone calls and email newsletter marketing to drive you to content, such as white papers and webinars, offered by Point of Care Network LLC, whereupon your contact information will be shared with our customer.
• IT Administration: administration of Point of Care Network’s information technology systems; network and device administration; network and device security; implementing data security and information systems policies; compliance audits in relation to internal policies; identification and mitigation of fraudulent activity; and compliance with legal requirements.
• Security: electronic security measures (including monitoring of login records and access details) to help mitigate the risk of and provide the ability to identify and rectify a security incident.
• Financial Management: general business and financial management purposes, including economic, financial and administrative management; planning and reporting; personnel development; sales; accounting; finance; corporate audit; and compliance with legal requirements.
• Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of policy, and criminal offenses, in accordance with applicable law.
• Legal Proceedings: establishing, exercising and defending legal rights.
• Direct Marketing: We may Process your User Information to contact you via email, telephone, direct mail, or other methods of communication to provide you with information regarding the Services that may be of interest to you. We may send information to you regarding the Services, upcoming promotions and other information that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
• California Residents: If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. For more information relevant to our users who are California residents, please click here.
• You may unsubscribe from our newsletter or alert lists at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send. We will not send you any emails from a list you have selected to be unsubscribed from, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any other Services you have requested or for additional emails you have signed up for. If you have provided more than one email address to us, you may continue to be contacted unless you request to unsubscribe each email address you have provided.
• Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Point Of Care Network LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Point Of Care Network LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information with certain third parties, including vendors providing contracted services to us, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, data analytics and customer support providers, IT service providers, and list managers. When requested by you, we may also share your information with medical credentialing and accreditation organizations in connection with our continuing medical education offerings. These providers and organizations are obligated to maintain your personal information as confidential and have access to your personal information only as necessary to perform their requested function on your behalf. We may also report aggregate information about usage to third parties, including our service providers and advertisers.
Advertising and Sponsored Programs . We may provide your participation in sponsored content and an identifier to third party sponsors of advertisements and Sponsored Programs, subject to applicable law. Specifically, when you are exposed to an advertisement through the Services, whether on one of our websites or apps, in an email or through some other means, or when you engage in a Sponsored Program, e.g., access a sponsored information resource, open one of our sponsored emails, Point of Care Network may provide your name, address, identifier and usage information, such as your name and specialty (but not your email or postal address) to the applicable sponsor and/or its agents on the sponsor’s behalf. We may also provide such third parties with details about your engagement with the advertisement or Sponsored Program (e.g., whether you viewed or otherwise interacted with certain content), your answers to any questions contained in the Sponsored Program and information about you that we have received from third parties. Additionally, when you register as a member of the Point of Care Network, we may provide your name, address, identifier and usage information (but not your email or postal address) to potential sponsors of advertisements and Sponsored Programs that may be offered or provided to you through the Services, subject to applicable law. Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, we are not responsible for how these third parties use your information. All advertisements and Sponsored Programs (including any links to Sponsored Programs) made available within the Point of Care Network, including through emails, will be identified to you by the label Advertisement, Information from Industry, Sponsored, Point of Care Network Professional or some similar designation indicating that the content, which may pertain to a particular medical condition, therapy, product or service, has been selected by a third-party sponsor.
Advertisement Servers and Third-Party Tracking
Some of the advertisements included on the Services offered are delivered or served by third parties that may collect anonymous information. These third parties may place or recognize cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or other technology to track anonymous information, in part, to measure and analyze the efficacy of the advertising they place at the Services. These third parties also may have the ability to link the information they collect when you use the Services, such as the identifier for the device you are using, with other information they collect elsewhere on the Internet to gain additional insights into their target audience.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE USED?
We endeavor to keep your personal information confidential and protected against unauthorized access, misuse or alteration with commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of electronic data nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Point Of Care Network LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Point Of Care Network LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Point Of Care Network LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Point Of Care Network LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Point Of Care Network LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Analytics
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Bing Ads Remarketing
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.